I'm again participating...here are only 10 of the many random things I'm thinking about this morning....
1. I had such a great weekend. The highlight was some 'me' time. I did some browsing and stumbled into some great finds! First--I found a yarn store very unexpectedly. The owner is a great lady who was so very helpful and took the time to show my around her store. It's very cozy, not too much yarn, but great atmosphere. While there I found some local homemade lotion (which I've been meaning to make myself) and snatched up a couple bottles! YUMMY!! I treated myself to a new yarn and she throw another one in so I could complete the project (which she helped me find). Did I mention she was so very helpful? This alone made my time away refreshing!!
2. I've been on a sewing kick. If you're a regular here, you've probably seen my previous posts. I've also updated my creative space--Knot Sew Much--if you're interested in seeing more. Although it's been a bit hectic trying to sew with three children underfoot (or climbing into your lap or wanting your undivided attention) but somehow I've managed to get through a few projects. There are a couple more that I want to do while I'm in this groove. I may take another week before packing this stuff up until the next time. :D
3. The boy cried for like an hour last evening. I knew he was tired. But really? SMH It was enough to spill out all the filling up I did for my spirit. As soon as I got him somewhat settled, Sweetie pie started up. I was like 'WHOA!' She is very emotionally intense. While getting them both ready for bed and reading to them (which calmed them down almost immediately), Pretty Girl decided she needed to continue the drama. Enough already!!! And as soon as I got them all into bed, the hubs came home from work. His timing is perfect, huh? LOL! To his credit, he did listen to me and even offered to rub my feet (which he RARELY does). :D
4. I found a treasure about a month ago now while one my break. I went to a thrift shop with my brother and found a working bread machine, with a manual for only $5.50. When I got home and tried it, I was thrilled to find out that it, in fact, worked!! Having the smell of fresh baked bread in the house has been wonderful. I've so enjoyed not only being able to make bread but keep up with the demands of how much bread we eat! (We enjoy bread!) Well, sadly it has stopped working. I am disappointed. But, I did get more than my $5.50 investment back. I will definitely keep my eyes open. Perhaps I'll find another.
5. I decided that we're getting rid of our microwave. This morning I sprang the idea on my husband. I was expecting him to have something to say against it. I'm not sure why, but I was expecting opposition. He said, "I'm open to it! I've love to get away from using it." He then went outside. By the time he came back in I'd not only taken it off the counter but totally out of the kitchen. He said, "Oh, you're serious!" I was like, "yeah!" I'd been thinking about it for sometime and remembering all the things I've read and heard about it. Decided that this was the best time--during this purging time. The only thing that we were using it for (besides the convenience of heating up individual plates of food) was popcorn. So I found us a popcorn maker. Problem solved. I will pick up a few smaller over dishes to heat up smaller portions of food. I think we'll be ok without it! :D
6. Been thinking about what we'll do for Earth Day. I looked at the calendar again this morning and see that 'Take Your Daughter/Son to Work Day' falls on Earth Day this year. My kids have been dying to go to work with their Daddy. I'm thinking I'll talk him into it. He teaches English at a high school in the area. I think I'll ask him to allow all the kids to either sit in on one class OR drop one off at a time--which may actually be more manageable. Then we'll go and do something to celebrate Earth Day. I don't know. We'll see. I'll probably read through some of your blogs and get some more ideas! :D
7. Why is it that my children have to be morning people???!! I'm such a night owl. I'm really trying to do better about getting in the bed earlier--but there is just so much I can get done when they're not awake!! SMH I'm burning my candle at both ends. Many mornings The Boy has been up for an hour and a half to two hours before I get up. Now, he normally wakes me up and asks for help getting dressed. He then will go back to his room, put on a CD (yep, taught him early) and play until one or both of his sisters wake up and join him. There are days, like today, that I just can't get out of the bed. I'm not sure if it's guilt or obligation that finally pries me out from under my covers. Regardless, I sure do wish it wasn't so hard getting up in the morning (for me, that is!).
8. I am tickled by all the recent traffic I've seen on my blog--in the way of comments!! I'm loving that! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me a note that you were here. I'll be making my rounds to check our your pages as well.
9. So, I think I'm getting back to meal planning. Another thing I was able to think about while driving alone. I already have a pizza night, burrito night, and a left over night. :D I want to add two nights of new recipes so we can broaden our palettes a bit more. I made some vegetarian sweet & sour meatballs last night. They were delicious!! I'm going to take some time to look through my cookbook and identify some other recipes to make--and then make them! I like variety.
10. Wow, I'm already at ten. I'm really seeing some pay off in my practice of Mindfulness. I've been reading a book, Momfulness: Mothering with Mindfulness, Compassion and Grace by Denise Roy. I blog about this regularly at Discovering the Details. (If you're interested in reading more, please click here.) Each week I focus on another practice suggested in the book. I'm finding that I'm much more present and I'm learning to be less judgmental about my thoughts and reactions. I'm definitely learning to be more flexible and go with the flow instead of always trying to orchastrate things. I'm finding that these practices also help my other relationships in general.
Well, there you have it. I can't say that these are the top ten things on my mind--but they are towards to the top! :D Now, let me get my kids some breakfast so they'll stop asking me for it. I hope that each of you have a Marvelous Monday!!
If you'd like to play along in Monday Mumbles, leave a comment at Circling the Square Table.