Friday, April 16, 2010

On a Roll...

Yesterday I made a trip to my local fabric store to take part in their wonderful SALE!  Actually, I needed a couple buttons to complete Pretty girl's dress and waited until the fabric and pattern sale started so I could browse.  I felt like a child in a candy shop or perhaps a bull in a china shop?? lol

Well, after running some errands this morning and taking our time outside (and doing several loads of laundry and meal planning for the weekend and next week), I took myself to my creative space and spent the past 2 1/2 hours whipping out this adorable sun dresses for the girls.  They were simple for the most part and I think they're soo cute.  What do you think?






Happy to be making time to create.  Although I'm definitely feeling at my wits end with the children at this moment (it's that time of day) I'm filling very accomplished and am enjoying looking at the work I've done.

Will definitely be taking some time for ME this weekend....to stroll through a bookstore or yarn shop or something!

I hope each of you have a great one as well!!

8 comments:

l said...

the sun dresses are wonderful! great work!

Anonymous said...

I love their dresses. Where did you find that fabric? I'm amazed at you sometimes:)

Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Leslie,

Those are pretty dresses. Spring and summer dresses are another reason I love this time of year. I hope to whip up quite a few in the next few months for my daughter.

mavibu said...

I have to stay out of the fabric shops as I am a fabric "crack head!" Your girls (and the dresses)are beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog and for you very kind comment!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those dresses are gorgeous. I'm really imressed with your crazy sewing skills. Great job

Anonymous said...

...And by the way, your girls are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Pretty girls and pretty dresses!! Makes me want a girl. =) Have a lovely weekend and some good Mommy Me time. Mother Culture or S.O.S (saving our sanity) is a good thing. =)

~Leslie said...

Thank you everyone for leaving me comments (I just LOVE them!!) It's also exciting to see that you, too, find these dresses adorable. I appreciate all your kind words.

These are definitely the times I enjoy having little girls! :D

Now, I must put something together for The Boy--I'm thinking of a jumper/overall-type thing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails