Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Soup!!!

Since it's gotten a bit chilly these past few days I decided to try my hand at another soup recipe.  I ask dh to choose one, since he's waaaaaay more particular about his food than I am.  This is what he chose.  I picked up the items yesterday and put them together this evening for dinner.  It was very simple and VERY tasty!



Here's the recipe.  It's from my very favorite cookbook: 1000 Vegetarian Recipes from Around the World.

Garbanzo and Tomato Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, sliced
2 zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
3 1/2 cups vegetable bouillon
1 fresh bay leaf
8 oz fresh spinach, chopped

In large pan heat oil.
Add leeks and zucchini. Cook for 5 minutes. Stirring briskly.
Add garlic, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, bouillon and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add spinach. Cook for 2 more minutes
Serve immediately
Salt & Pepper to taste.
Suggested serving: Add fresh Parmesan cheese and eat with Sun-dried tomato bread.


We found that we didn't need any salt or pepper.  We had bread sticks with ours.  I used an Italian cheese blend instead of Parmesan.  I used all organic products. I used fresh tomatoes instead of canned.  It was quick and easy,  My eldest help me prepare it.  The 'cutting up' time took longer than the actual cooking time.  We're looking forward to trying another recipe soon.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rana said...

That looks very tastey. Me and Tinky would be the only ones to eat it. My hubby is very particular about his veges. And the boy does not like soups. I will have to try this one and freeze it for later.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails