Friday, December 4, 2009

Favorite Things Friday


"These are a few of my favorite things."

I'm 'doin' hair' today--both girls' and mine.  It is a task but not like it used to be.  For those of you who may be 'natural' in how you wear and do your hair I just thought I'd share my VERY favorite homemade hair conditioner.  I have to say, every time I use it, I feel wonderful.  Not only do I enjoy the smell of it, but it leaves my/our hair lovely (moisturized, without too much oily-ness).  I came upon this recipe in viewing a natural hair care video on YouTube (yet cannot remember which one).

Homemade Hair Conditioner
1/2 avacado
3.5 oz coconut milk
3.5 oz coconut oil
1 Tbsp olive oil
1Tbsp castor oil or honey (I use honey)

Makes 2 cups

After cleaning hair & scalp (I use a no-poo cleaning**), put conditioner in hair.  (I part the hair and put it in at the scalp and massage it through to the ends.) 
Cover hair with a cap and leave on for 1-2 hours.  (I usually sit under a dryer for 15-30 minutes.)
Rinse in warm water until water runs through clear.

**No-Poo Cleaning
Baking Soda/Water paste (rub into scalp & rinse.  do as many times as necessary)
Then rinse with an Apple Cider Vinegar/Water Mix (1/3 ACV & 2/3 water)

3 comments:

Rana said...

I remember those days when my mom would wash and braid me and my sisters hair. I have been thinking about going natural. I haven't had a relaxer in about 3 years, but I wear ponytails and get sew-ins sometimes. Hubby says he wouldn't mind the natural look. I'm just trying to find info on some natural hair care products. Thanks for your recipe.

christina said...

I love being natural! I will have to try these mixes.
xo

Pam said...

Leslie,

I'm so excited that you left me a comment to this link! I was just thinking this morning as I washed my hair that I could find a natural conditioner. Can you get avocado all year long? I will definitely give this a try. Also, you wouldn't happen to know of another daily conditioner would you?

Thanks again!
Pam

P.S. Your kids are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails