Sunday, December 28, 2014

Weekly Intentions

I am loving how this simple task of setting intentions is really redirecting my life. I would encourage all of you who read this to strongly consider adding this to your 'to do' lists. I am finding that I'm definately more intentional about what I choose to give my time to and put my energy towards. Perhaps this is something you'd like to add to your new year resolution list.

We enjoyed a relaxing holiday week filled with rest, time together, time with friends, lots of good food and treats and tons of laughter--my favorite part. Over the passed couple days we've enjoyed the unexpected company of some dear friends we haven't seen in nearly five years and we've picked up without missing a beat--laughing, joking, thought-provoking conversation. Good friends are hard to find.

So how did you week go? Were you able to make the most of your time and energy?



This week beginning I'd like to keep things at an easy pace. Here are the things I want to make priority:

  • Rest & sleep
  • Reading (I have a nice stack of good books)
  • Reorganizing and purging our learning materials and books
  • Setting our whole family goals for 2015
  • Setting personal goals for 2015
  • Preparing for and taking time away (1st trip of the new year)
  • Organizing supplies for handmade goods
  • Creating schedule for starting/completing handmade goods
  • Reevaluating my five streams of income
  • Spending time with friends
  • Meditation and listening time
  • Being fully present--wherever I am, with whomever I am

As the year comes to an end this week, what things will you make time for? Will you be evaluating where you're putting your time, energy, money, etc.? Are you making plans for 2015?

No matter what you're planning, I hope you're giving some dedicated time to it. It's true that what we give ourselves to becomes how our time it used. I encourage you, as I encourage myself, to be thoughtful about it. A short intentional list is more powerful than a lengthly list full of things you're only trying to impress another with--even if that 'other' is yourself.

Wishing each of you all the best as we close out 2014 and open a fresh new chapter, pregnant with possibilities, in 2015. What will you give birth to in the new year?

Be well.

3 comments:

Darcel {MahoganyWayMama} said...

I've been thinking about what I would like 2015 to look like for some time now. I have a few important things at the top of my list, but need to get it down on paper first. I like your idea of setting weekly intentions. Best wishes for the new year!

~Leslie said...

Thanks for stopping by Darcel. I hope that you're able to make time to write down your intentions for the new year. Thanks, also, for your wishes. Wishing you the same in the new year. Be well.

Ree said...

This week I hope to get back into my regular schedule so that the shock is not so great when life goes back to normal. And then I need to review and make a few changes. (That is, I think, about all I can manage right now!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails