Sunday, December 7, 2014

Weekly Intentions

I've been laying in bed thinking back over the week that just ended and thinking ahead to what this week will bring. This past week went mostly as planned. There were a few things that I didn't get to on my intention list but I am happy to say that I am not beating myself up about them at all. I was fully present during each of the days and although I did deal with a sudden lack of rest (overly tiredness), I went right on with the flow.

Here are the things I intended to accomplish that I did (yes, focusing on the positive.):

  • Started and completed TWO hat/scarf sets (one more than I intended--YAY.)
  • Reading time for myself
  • Made a list of 'fun' activities to do with the children this week.
  • Contacted three people and spoke about the specifics of community and community building
  • Only ran once this week--but walked three times in addition that it. (smile)
  • Slowed down and enjoyed the moments.
  • Completed one part of our 'making and sending' cards task

I did not get the items I already have to donate up to the donation center nor did I make any time to start the task of weeding out our books--mainly children's books.  I am taking care of the first one today but am thinking that we'll wait until after the season to do the bookshelves.  We'll see.



My intentions for this week beginning today are as follows:

  • Run twice this week; walking at least twice as well.
  • Reading time for myself.
  • Art time with the children (specifically drawing together)
  • Baking cookies for neighbors with the children
  • Getting adequate rest for myself
  • Asking for assistance when I need it (This is something that I need to do on a regular basis. Why not add it to my intention list? As things come up I will practice doing so.)
  • Laugh


How did last week go for you? Were you able to attend do the things on your list?  I'd love to hear about how that went.

What are you intentions for this week beginning? Are you continuing with anything from last week? Are there any tasks or practices that you're adding to your list this week? Are you noticing habits developing around the things you want to add or continue?  I hope so.

This weekly practice of simply writing down and sharing what I hope to do is definitely something that is helping me find and maintain the rhythm I want for myself and my home.

Take a moment when you can to comment below. Should you belong to a community or network in which I do, you're welcome to share with me in person and we can speak further about things then. Either way, I'm wishing you well as you set your intentions and follow through with meeting them.

Be well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails