Saturday, March 7, 2015

Sabbath Therapy

I got my daily dose of vitamin D along with some dirt therapy today!

The weather was beautiful. The sun was out. The birds were singing and found our newly located bird feeders. Several of our favorites made their appearance today for the first time since the cold weather. I'm looking forward to seeing more as the temperatures sustain and Spring officially arrives. Here are a few shots I was able to snag.

Grosbeak
House Sparrow

Chickadee

Titmice

Another look--
love their tufted head feathers

Nuthatch


After bird watching for a good while, I got set up to repot some of the plants that have been awaiting this task.  It was nice to have my hands in the dirt. I listened to some music as I set things up on the porch. (Thank goodness the kids were in the back.) I had my own time.










Many of them had been in water since last summer--growing roots. Don't they look good?

All in all, I am good. I've had a bit of quiet. I've also had time alone with nature.  I'm feeling rather peaceful and that's a good thing.

How did you spend today?

Be well.



For family and friends who may be reading this post, I must thank Aunt Lois for giving me the love of birdwatching--for wanting to not only identify them by sight but by song. I'm getting pretty good at it, and so are the children.  Also, my mother for many of these plants (I'm going to need more the next time we come to visit or vice versa!). 

2 comments:

Ree said...

Nice! I can't wait to start getting back out there myself. And, you had so many visitors come to your bird feeder! Lovely day.

~Leslie said...

Thanks!
Yes. It sure was. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails