Monday, February 8, 2010

Book Sharing Monday

This Monday I'm doing something a bit different.  Due to the snow we got over the weekend we were unable to get a new set of books (our library closed early so they only let me return).

I've been cleaning up a bit in our classroom, organizing the bookshelf again.  I've got some really good books--so, today I thought I'd share a few of those books.  Great for homeschooling!!

 
Earth Child 2000
Earth Science for Young Children
Games, Stories, Activities, and Experiments 
by Kathryn Sheehan and Mary Waidner
This is a great book! I haven't done everything, but each season I try to incorporate something else.  Here's the Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: The Circle of Day and Night
Chapter 2: Earth Celebrations Throughout the Year
Chapter 3: Wonders in a Garden
Chapter 4: Trees are Terrific!
Chapter 5: We and Wonderful
Chapter 6: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 7: Going...Going...Gone? 
Chapter 8: Hurt No Living Thing
This edition has teacher resources and lessons which makes it very user friendly! ;) 

  
Kids Garden!
The Anytime, Anyplace guide to Sowing & Growing Fun
by Avery Hart and Paul Mantell
I'm enjoying reading through this book and planning activities for us to do.  This book has easy to do projects for teaching children all about gardening. 


The Little Hands Art Book
Exploring Arts & Crafts with 2- to 6-Year-Olds
by Judy Press
This book has a lot of cute and fun activities for little ones.  I let my children flip through the book and choose.  They've even used some of the ideas here to come up with their own creations.


Want to join in? Interested in seeing others who regularly participate?  Head over the Serendipity Homeschool and let Alex know!

Happy Reading!!

3 comments:

l said...

Earth Child looks like a wonderful book!
Great post!

Rana said...

I'm interested in the Kids Garden book. That could be fun.

Anonymous said...

Another great book is the Tickle Me Plant Book. They show you how to easily grow a real plant that MOVES when you Tickle It! The leaves instantly fold and even the branches droop when you Tickle It
Men and woman love to play with this plant that seems to love affection
(Http://tiny.cc/Ticklemeplant) See the video if you need a fun gift for Valentines Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails