Monday, November 2, 2009

I am honored! Thank you!


Since being off line I'm just reading that I've received an award from one of my 'followers.' I have to say that it was a pleasant surprise--specifically because of what she said about me. I am honored to be able to share what little I know about homeschooling and allow those of you to 'see' into my life a bit. Thanks so much, Justlocs!

There are a few rules in accepting this award for it isn't mean to be held on to--it's to be passed along. They are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award
2. Copy and paste the award on your own blog
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name seven things about yourself that folks may not know.
5. Nominate seven Kreativ bloggers
6. Post links to the seven bloggers you nominate
7. Leave comments on each of the blogs letting them know that you have nominated them!

I met Justlocs when she joined my homeschool support group, Kid Cultivators Homeschool Group, online. As I do with all new members, I let her know that I was more than willing to assist her with anything she might new in getting started, or at least point her in the right direction (smile). She was someone who took me up on that offer and we 'talked' online about getting started and what things to look for, etc. Once I found out she blogged I added myself to her following on Learning Organically. It great to see how things are going with her and how her children are blooming. Another thing I was interested in was her natural hair blog. She is a very down to earth person and shares her ups and downs! I like that!

7-Things You May Not Know About Me
wow. now I have to do some thinking since I share so much already. (smile)
1. Mac & Cheese is one of my favorite dishes (my cousin, Angela's, is my favorite!!)
2. I am a very emotional person. I read a book to my children last night and got all choked up!
3. I enjoy the magical things in life.
4. I am still grieving the lose of my dog, Biko. He was such a great dog and matched our family lifestyle so well. We got him through a rescue program. Whenever he comes to mind I feel a bit sad, still.
5. I have never broken a bone or torn a tendon/ligament.
6. I am a daddy's girl.
7. Laughing is what I enjoy doing!!

My 7 Kreativ Blog Nominees
(This will be even harder, as I've found some really great blogs over the past few months!!!)

Sherry's blog, Living & Learning, was one of the first one's the I found. I can't remember how now, but I enjoy reading her blog and seeing what great things she's getting into with her son. I also like the fact that she's from Tennessee. I grew up in Nashville so some of the places she goes are familiar to me. She also has good resources and is always sharing something new. One other thing, that I so appreciate, is that Sherry leaves comments here for me! ;-)

Alex has another blog, Serendipity, that I follow. I enjoy seeing into her life and have joined in on some of the activities/projects she's doing/has done. The main one is Book Sharing Monday. I've gotten some good recommendations from others who participate as well. I also like the craft projects that she shares (sewing, quilting) and her photos are fabulous! She also shared good homeschooling resources.

Rachelle's blog, Magpie Girl, has to be one of my all time favorites. Her blog is so full of everything I'm needing in my life right now. She talks about real life issues and how to deal with all sorts of things honestly and with grace. I've joined her in 8 Things (a weekly activity) and the Do Less Revolution. I enjoy her parenting topics too. I've also followed many links from her page regarding more authentic living and her favorite artists. I have found strength from reading about her personal journey and think she's an amazing woman! If I only have time to read ONE blog on a given day--it is hers!

I checked out Relyn's blog simply because of the title of it: Come Sit By My Fire. When I got there and was met with such peaceful photos and lovely music I exhaled! I enjoy the whimsicalness of her blog. She writes very simply but what she says is full of meaning! Her blog gives me a 'rest' from the daily grind of life.

Ordinary Life Magic is such an inspirational blog for me. Not only because I get some great ideas on activities to do with my children, but from a photographer's standpoint (a very amateur one at that--lol!) the pictures a wonderful! Stephanie's blog is simply that a view into an ordinary life's magic!

Christina's blog, Soul Aperture, is one of the newest blogs fast becoming another favorite. I LOVE her photography and poetry style writing. This is yet another blog that has a peacefulness about it.

I started reading Julie's blog, Towards Sustainability, several months ago. Although she's on the other side of the world, so the season's a different, I've learned a lot from reading here. She shares what she's doing personally as well as has links to other great blogs, which I've linked to from her page. From gardening to baking to sewing to living within one's means, this is a great blog to read!

6 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

thank you! :D

NatureRocks said...

We are delighted to see Nature Rocks as one of your favorite links! Do you have a Twitter account? Follow us @NatureRocks or on Facebook. This is a wonderful blog, thanks again, happy fall!
-Nature Rocks Team

christina said...

this is such a lovely surprise! how thoughtful of you.
it nice to learn some thing about you ; )
do you know, I still read children's stories and get choked up. I love that. : )

Mike Vandeman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Minni Mum said...

Awesome, thank you Leslie, for the nomination!

Cheers, Julie

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Leslie!!
What lovely thoughts and words you offered!
I'm so honored to be on this list.

Warmly,
Stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails