Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Today Was A Good Day


Today was such a good day for me.
It wasn't because I had to get out of bed waaaaaay b4 I was ready and rush around to get the kids dressed to take daddy to work so we could have the van today.
It wasn't because I had to manage getting the kids feed, teeth brushed, hair combed. Nor was it because while taking a shower I had to shout orders between shampooing and conditioning my hair.
No, it wasn't because I had to explain and re-explain to Jaya WHY we needed to make a stop at the bread store before going to the playground.
It wasn't because I had to coax the kids to play once we did arrive at the playground since our friends weren't there yet and the kids didn't want to play without them.
It definitely wasn't because I had to deal with the tiredness and fussiness of my son as I raced, with a cart, through the grocery store ONLY picking up items on my grocery list.
Nor was it because I had to listen to them complain about why it was time for them to take a nap.

I had a good day because I was honest. I got to see a former teacher. I was able to laugh with my best friend. I got a great deal on some homeschooling items. I spent some time enjoying the company of another homeschooling mom. I shared secrets with my fabulous auntie. Three of the books I ordered arrived today. I've had some quiet time to myself to think several thoughts to completion. I chose not to get stuck on the not-so-good-things about today.

It felt as though the planets were aligned for me emotionally, spiritually, physically.
Perhaps it's because I took my vitamins. LOL.

At any rate, it was a good day and
I am thankful.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow."
~Hellen Keller

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails