Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pancakes & Growing Up

My Jaya is so ready to be a big girl. Almost everyday she asks to do something else that is 'new' for her. With everything that's been going on I've been less than accommodating. But I have good reason, right?! Well, as I'm nearing the end of my own schooling I'm seeking to get back into the swing of things with teaching & learning with my children. One of the things I've enjoyed most about homeschooling is that we are learning all the time--every day, very useful life skills. So with that in mind, I called Jaya into the kitchen today to learn to make pancakes.

Sure, she's mixed the batter plenty of times but this is her very first time using the stove. I went over the importance of paying attention to what she was doing and taking her time, reassuring her that this was in fact her first time and that it may take several attempts to flip the pancake.

Well, sure enough, the first one only made a half turn. I had to step in to show her all to straighten it out and told her that it was ok. Try again. She did. The second one was right on the money!!! She was so proud of herself, I had to run and grab the camera so we could capture her first 'official' pancake.

She's really growing up!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails