Thursday, July 9, 2009

Graduation or Between Chapters

I've done it! I'm finished!! YAY!!!!

I've been in school for the past 6 months--evening classes M-Th from 5:30 to 10pm--to become a massage therapist. We decided that we needed some additional income and wanted to find something that would allow for a flexible schedule so that I could remain at home.

I have to say that I never thought about doing this before. I'm an educator and have been in and around education all my life. I looked high and low into all possibilities in education. But as those of you who do this as well know, there is NOTHING part time in education!!

So last December I searched online for any legitimate part time gig that would be worth my time and continue to allow me to be the main one with my children. I stumbled upon massage therapy and immediately started looking into it. In my search I found that there was a accredited school less than 5 minutes from our home here (I could walk there in 10 minutes--and did several days as week). I called and set up an appointment to meet with the school director and view the school itself to see if it'd be a good match for me.

Upon my meeting and touring the school I knew immediately that this was it!!! I've never made a decision this quickly---but I have to say that I knew that this was it!

It's been rather challenging to say the least. I've taken two classes: Anatomy & Physiology (on a level that would compare to a second year college student/pre-med major) and Massage Theory & Practice. I've had to do a lot of practicing and studying. I've learned more than I ever thought I would learn about the human body. I've also learned lots of good techniques and am on my way to becoming an excellent massage therapist.

My husband has been supportive through all of this by encouraging me and by fathering our children while I've been away in the evenings. They have had a wonderful time getting to know their daddy in this way. It's also given him a chance to fully appreciate what I do with them! ;-)

I'm finally at the end. I'm relieved. I'm proud of myself. I'm looking forward to the next part of all of this (starting my own practice). But mostly, I'm glad to be fully back with my children!!

As one chapter closes another begins. I'm starting a new chapter....and looking forward to what it will be about!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails