Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Mumbles

The day is winding down over here.  I usually take time to blog in the early morning before the day really starts.  As you can see, this is not how this Monday has gone.  Now....on to the mumblings....

1.  I am so feeling the crunch with regards to our move.  Yesterday, after breakfast, it hit me--WE ARE MOVING!  smh.  So I spent the day and into the wee hours of the morning packing like there was no tomorrow.  Yes.  I've been packing, but at a much slower pace.  I've also been making time for the kids to get out and hang with friends.  I better pay attention to the calendar!!!

2. It was so HOT yesterday.  Like, we're living in the North (presently) but it felt like the South (where we're heading back to).  Actually, it felt more intense than that.  I was praying for some relief.  A gentle cool rain.  A coll breeze...something!  Well, it's cool today (and I am grateful) however, there seems to be a real chill in the air.  I wasn't asking for COLD, just cooler!  I've had to pull out a sweater...ugh!

3. Both my cousins we I've been chatting with regarding moving have completed their task.  I've been able to connect with both of them to hear how things went and how they're hoping the second part of their move (unpacking & settling in) will go.  I'm ready to be on the side of things!!

4. I purchased a pair of handmade amber earrings.  I am so loving them.  I've been wearing them since they arrived.  They go with almost everything in my clothes rotation.  :D  Thanks so much Kristen!!

5. My eldest is gotten back into her cry-y, whiny, complain about everything mode.  It's driving me NUTS!!  She always has something to say back, is always complaining and tattling on her sibs.  SMH  I'm trying to remain calm during her outbursts and hear what's she saying.  But today, (deep sigh) today has been difficult.

6.  I've got to make the time to take all this stuff to the thrift store!  Over the last three-four days I've decided to give away some more things.  It's a relief in one sense because I don't have to pack it, but now to find time to run it over.  (...and with three kids, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!)

7. We found a place that we really like.  We've already found a few that we could make do in, but are really liking this particular one.  I'm hoping things work out and it is everything we need.  Hubs is going down next week to square things up.  I'm getting excited!

8. This strawberry jam is so good!  We've been eating it almost daily.  Ok. Daily. lol.  I'm thinking we're going to have to go pick some more strawberries and preserve them before we leave as we probably won't have any to take with us, which sorta defeats to purpose of the whole preserving thing.  Thanks Stephinie for sharing your experience!!

9. School is over for my husband.  This students have gone back to their homes (it's a boarding school).  The campus is sooooo empty.  It's nice!  We took some time during his lunch to come up and visit with the folk who are left.  There is a peacefulness that was great to be a part of.  I'm going to enjoy these last few days!

10. I haven't really been wanting to cook recently.  We've been eating what we have, the pantry surplus is dwindling down.  I guess with all the eat I haven't felt much like being the kitchen or eating hot foods.  We've been doing sandwiches and salads (veggie and fruit, alternating).  Anything light really. 

10 Random things on my mind today.  If you'd like to play along, leave a comment at Circling the Square Table.

Hope you're Monday was everything it needed to be!

1 comment:

Rana said...

I'm glad everything is moving forward for you in the moving scheme of things. Your baby girl is probably just feeling the effects of moving and is not sure how to express herself so it's coming out whiny and with tears.

I'm hoping we can go strawberry picking soon. I would love to make some homemade jam. I think I could use a Monday Rambling I might join you and try this next week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails