Monday, July 8, 2013

Book Sharing Monday

I haven't participated in this Monday activity in a few years now.  I'm having trouble even finding the blog of the mom who started this.  Last I read (and this was a good while ago), she had stopped homeschooling and was embarking upon a new adventure of her own.  Until I'm able to find her or another who's participating still, just know that this isn't my idea.  However, I've enjoyed it in the past and have decided to start it again here on my blog.  The children and I read so many good books that it just makes sense to begin this habit of sharing with you all again.

Should you like to join in with us, please do.  Simply add your name and blog link to your 'Book Sharing Monday' post and I'll add you to the list so others can enjoy the books you're sharing.

Today's book is Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns: A Muslim Book of Colors by Hena Khan, illustrated by Mehrdokht Amini.


This is a very simply picture book yet it gives some basic information about the religion of Islam.  The colorfull illustrations are captivating and piqued my children's interested to learn a bit more about this religion and culture.




We are sure you'll enjoy this book as we have.  I appreciated the glossary in the back that gave correct pronunciation of the words introduced through the colors along with a brief description/explanation of what it is.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails